A survey by consultancy KPMG shows that the number of mergers and acquisitions in the local mining sector has been increasing gradually.
The Brazilian flat steelmaker holds 70% of iron ore producer MUSA, with Japan's Sumitomo owning the other 30%.
Canadian companies active in Argentina, Chile and Jamaica released updates on their exploration campaigns.
Canadian companies with zinc, lead, silver and lithium brine projects in Honduras, Mexico and Argentina, issue financing and appointment updates.
The infrastructure to be constructed includes a concentrate warehouse, a conveyor belt and a shiploader.
These are the highlights of what was said at the event - held by Brazil's national steel association IABr from August 21-22 - on the most pertinent issues facing the industry today.
The attorney general's office confirms it plans to charge Óscar Arias with prevarication over a 2008 decree in support of Infinito Gold's canceled Crucitas gold project.