Roundup: Pumarejo bridge tender, concessionaires appoint new board members

- Thursday, December 29, 2011

Roundup: Pumarejo bridge tender, concessionaires appoint new board members

Colombia's national roads authority Invías has awarded Colombian-Spanish consortium Ecopuentes the tender to carry out studies and design improvements for the Pumarejo bridge over the Magdalena river in Atlántico department capital Barranquilla.

Ecopuentes bid 8.422bn pesos (US$4.35mn), and the group will have 12 months to perform the work, Invías said in a press release.

Pumarejo is the country's longest bridge at nearly 1.5km. It is located 20km from the Caribbean ocean and was built over 35 years ago. Invías expects to use the bridge's current structure as a base to expand it to four lanes.

Start your 15 day free trial now!

cta-arrow

Already a subscriber? Please, login

Ecopuentes is 60% controlled by Spain's Ingenieros Consultores, with the remaining 40% divided equally between local firms Estructurador Colombia and Jorge Alfonso Fandiño.

***

Chilean concessionaire Sociedad Concesionaria de Los Lagos, operating the 133km Río Bueno-Puerto Montt stretch of the country's main north-south highway, Ruta 5, has appointed Michele Lombardi as board member, the company said in a filing with local securities and insurance regulator SVS.

Lombardi's appointment follows the resignation of chairman Luca Martone, and that of replacement director Stephane Rabuffi. A new chairman is yet to be appointed, according to the statement.

Sociedad Concesionaria de Los Lagos is owned by Italy's Autostrade.

***

And finally, Chilean concessionaire Valles del Desierto, which operates the Vallenar-Caldera stretch of Ruta 5, has named Sergio Gritti Bravo as board member, the company said in a securities filing.

The appointment follows the resignation of board member José María Orihuela Uzal, and that of replacement director Juan Alberto Facuse Meléndez.

Valles del Desierto is owned by Spain's Sacyr Vallehermoso.