Blaze at José Antonio Anzoátegui under control - PDVSA

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Venezuela's state oil company PDVSA has reported that a blaze at the José Antonio Anzoátegui industrial complex in Anzoátegui state has been brought under control, according to state news service AVN.

The fire broke out at drum number 3 of JV Petropiar's upgrader unit at the plant.

The blaze was caused by oil leaking from one of the drum's valves which impregnated the insulation on the unit and caught fire in the high temperatures.

Start your 15 day free trial now!


Already a subscriber? Please, login

PDVSA has a 70% participation in Petropiar, while US oil major Chevron (NYSE: CVX) holds the remaining 30%.