Aktio grows 52.4% during 2010

- Thursday, May 12, 2011

Aktio grows 52.4% during 2010

Latin American IT products distributor Aktio grew 52.4% in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay during 2010, the company announced in a press release without reporting hard figures.

The results mark Aktio's third year in a row of double-digit growth in the region. In 2011, the company expects to expand more than 40%.

Specifically in Argentina, Aktio expanded 50.4% in 2010, surpassing the 40% it had predicted for the year and far above the software industry average of between 6% and 10%.

Start your 15 day free trial now!

cta-arrow

Already a subscriber? Please, login

The company is working to deepen its participation in segments such as government, financial entities, retail and manufacturing, said VP Leonardo Gannio. Currently, the private sector makes up 65% of the company's projects and the public sector the remaining 35%.

Aktio, a unit of Brazilian IT firm Grupo Açao, has offices in Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia and Chile. The company provides solutions from manufacturers such as Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL), IBM (NYSE: IBM), CA, Lenovo and US software firm Novell.