Google sees 36.1% surge in Q2 net profits

- Friday, July 15, 2011

Google sees 36.1% surge in Q2 net profits

Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) has posted net profits of US$2.5bn in 2Q11, a 36.1% increase compared with US$1.84bn for the same period last year, the company said in a statement.

Net income for the first half of 2011 was US$4.3bn, up 13.4% year-on-year.

Revenues for the quarter increased 32.3% to US$9.03bn from US$6.82bn, while for the first six months revenues grew 29.4% to US$17.6bn.

Start your 15 day free trial now!

cta-arrow

Already a subscriber? Please, login

Google-owned sites generated revenues of US$6.2bn, or 69% of total revenues, in the second quarter of 2011. Google's partner sites generated revenues, through AdSense programs, of US$2.48bn, or 28% of total revenues, in Q2. These two items sum up US$8.72bn in total advertising revenues in the quarter, representing 97% of total revenues.

Revenues from outside of the US totaled US$4.87bn, representing 54% of total revenues in the quarter, compared to 53% in the first quarter of 2011 and 52% in the second quarter of 2010.

On a worldwide basis, Google had 28,768 full-time employees as of June 30, up from 26,316 full-time employees as of March 31.

Use this link to see Google's full financial results.