VMware CTO Chris Wolf talks to BNamericas about how a cross-cloud platform approach is the key for companies seeking to leverage on- and off-premises architecture to disrupt their industries.
Telecom regulator Sutel and competition promotion agency Coprocom rejected state-run utility ICE's complaint against telcos Claro and Movistar for allegedly conducting monopolistic practices by eliminating roaming charges.
Telefónica partnered with Vivendi to offer Latin American customers two mobile entertainment services: WatchMusic, an immersive music video platform, and STUDIO +, a global short series with exclusive content specifically shot for mobile viewing.
This month Guatemala said it will draft guidelines to tender frequencies in the AWS spectrum band. To date, the country has only allocated 210MHz, which represents only 16.2% of what the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) recommends should have been assigned by 2015.
In case of hurricanes or other hydro-meteorological phenomena, the company's users in the areas to be affected will receive information prepared by water authority Conagua via text messages.
Fintechs will not gain market share easily in Mexico due to high market concentration and factors such as tech-culture and regulation.
The Humanitarian Connectivity Charter is a set of shared principals, including enhancing coordination among Mobile Network Operators (MNO) to standardize preparedness and response activities; and strengthen partnerships between the mobile industry, government and the humanitarian sector.
The converged network resulting from Telefónica's migration to Docsis 3.1 will enable the telco to offer internet speeds of 1Gbps, cloud services, 4k resolution video and smart home applications.
Telecoms watchdog Enacom said it has found evidence that projects were awarded without the due tender process, as well as embezzlement of government funds.
Once the merger is complete, St Maarten telco TelEm will have a majority 60% stake, while Curacao's United Telecommunications Services will hold the remaining 40%.