This information is available only to subscribers.
Start a free trial, to unlock the full potential of a subscription to BNamericas.
Already a subscriber? Please, login.

Mayakan Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion

Project Stages

The development stages in the projects are displayed in the standard sequence for the industry. However, projects may be developed in a different sequence because of corporate decisions or events that push the owner to repeat stages. To access the full details of this project’s history please explore its milestones

Early Works
In Construction
Under Construction
Start: 06/2013
Completion: 06/2016
Current Stage In operation
Project Details


The project will be developed by GDF Suez and GE. The extension will run 75km, starting at the Nuevo Pemex Gas Processing Plant, owned by Pemex Gas y Petroquímica Básica (PGPB) in Nuevo Pemex, Tabasco and connect with the existing Mayakan pipeline in Macuspana, Tabasco. The Mayakan pipeline as a whole currently transports gas from Mexican national oil company Pemex's Ciudad Pemex processing facility in Tabasco state to industrial clients and thermo generators in the Yucatán peninsula. The 30-inch pipeline extension will supply CFE, which has contracted with PGPB to use 300Mf3/d of gas. GDF Suez's local unit will invest approximately US$92mn and own a 67.5% equity stake in the extension while GE's Energy Financial Services will invest roughly US$44mn and hold the remaining 32.5%. No debt will be involved in financing the project. Mexican energy firm Arendal will carry out construction. The project is in its final development phase according to GDF Suez.

Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
  • Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
  • Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
  • Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
  • Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
  • Access to experienced research staff
  • Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
Already a subscriber? Please, login

Milestones Log and News

Related Companies

Name Sector Country Relation
Locked content
Project Owners
Locked content
Project Owners
Locked content
Dear visitor, this table includes insights that is only available for subscribers

  • * Figures and dates are as per the latest publicly available information, as well as information gathered by BNamericas reporters and analysts and are subject to change.

  • * Changes to original budget estimates are shown as the total figure available and may include interest, working capital, inflation adjustments and other contingencies in addition to capital expenditure.

  • * Amounts and overall results are shown in US dollars unless otherwise stated.

  • * BNamericas does not guarantee the sequence, accuracy, adequacy, completeness or availability of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. There are no express or implied warranties. In no event shall BNamericas, its agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns be liable for any damages of any nature in connection with BNamericas content.

Key Specs

Full Name
Mayakan Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion
Project Type
Midstream, Natural gas and condensates, Oil & Gas Pipelines, Onshore, Transport
Development Phase
In operation
Project Status
Project Capacity
 Natural gas and condensates
 Oil & Gas Pipelines
US$ 300mn
Completion Date

The expansion will pass through Tabasco state, México.

*The coordinates indicated on the map represent an intermediate point between the start and end of the project.

Locked content
Owner / operator
Locked content
Owner / operator
Locked content
Operations Manager
Locked content
Operations Director
Locked content
External Communications Coordinator
Dear visitor, this table includes insights that is only available for subscribers