Infrastructure - Colombia

Invías watch: Prosperidad road tenders; Antioquia, Cundinamarca projects

Invías watch: Prosperidad road tenders; Antioquia, Cundinamarca projects

By -

Colombia's national roads authority Invías has awarded two tenders as part of the government's Corredores para la Prosperidad (roads for prosperity) program.

The Honda-Manizales corridor was awarded to consortium Constructor de la Prosperidad, which bid 101bn pesos (US$57.6mn) for the project, the authority said in a press release.

The group is formed of Mincivil, HB Estructuras Metálicas, Latinco, Termotécnica Coindustrial and Estudios y Manejos Estima, each with a 20% stake.

Work entails building two overpasses and repairing 22km of two-lane highway and a 4km four-lane stretch connecting Manizales and Fresno, in central Caldas department.

Invías received 21 offers for the project.

***

Invías also awarded the Villagarzón-San José del Fragua tender, which was won by Consorcio Andino 049.

The group, which bid 120bn pesos, is formed of the Ecuadorian branch of Hidalgo & Hidalgo, with an 81% stake, and the company's Colombian branch with the remaining 19% stake, Invías said in a separate press release.

Work entails paving an 82km stretch of the highway connecting southern Putumayo department's Villagarzón with San José del Fragua in neighboring Caquetá department.

The roads authority had received six offers for the project.

***

Finally, Invías awarded a tender to carry out improvements and maintenance on the group 1 of the primary highway system in Antioquia and Cundinamarca departments, for a total of 21bn pesos.

The project was divided into three stretches. Module 1 entails work on Antioquia department's La Pintada-Medellín highway, module 2 is for Antioquia's La Unión-Sonsón route and module 3 entails work on Cundinamarca department's Honda-Villeta highway.

Module 1 was awarded to consortium Vías Grupo 01-2012, which bid 5.57bn pesos. Module 2 was awarded to consortium Vial CAP for 9.81bn pesos, while module 3 went to Ingeniería de Vías with a winning bid of 4.11bn pesos.

Work on all three sections is expected to take six months to complete.