Chile's department store Almacenes Paris opened yesterday an online store, (www.almacenesparis.com), to sells clothes, home appliances, toys, electronics and home entertainment products. Since April 2, Almacenes Paris has run a local online store in the southern city of Talca, and another since July 30 in nearby Chillan. However, these stores operate via Intranets within the actual stores, and clients must order and pay in the facilities. Almacenes Paris hired United States-based computer manufacturer and Ecommerce solutions provider IBM (NYSE: IBM) to develop its first online store on the Internet, the first Chilean company to use IBM's Ebusiness platform. Almacenes Paris will process all credit card transactions using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, although customers have the option of confirming their sale by fax or telephone, using the Paris Express service. Chilean courier Lan Courier, of domestic airline Lan Chile (NYSE: LFL), will deliver the orders.
- Banking: Colombian banks ready to face growing risks, says report
- Water & Waste: Want sewerage service? Then pay, says Costa Rica's AyA
- Water & Waste: Quintana Roo looks to improve water, drainage services
- Information Technology: Smart CCTV could help address terror attacks, says Israeli fir...
- Insurance: Brazil's funeral, travel insurance segments outperform in November
- Information Technology: Mexico reigns in LatAm tablet penetration stakes
- Infrastructure: Colombia kicks off US$40mn airport expansions
- Privatization: Hidrovias do Brasil boosts capital by US$300mn
- Infrastructure: Hidrovias do Brasil boosts capital by US$300mn
- Telecommunications: Mexico finishes LTE network tests
- Costa Rica
- Insurance - Regional
- Banking - Regional