United States-based Ecommerce solutions provider Proxicom (NASDAQ: PXCM) and Spanish power company Iberdrola have formed a 20:80 partnership to provide Business-to-Business (B2B) Ecommerce solutions and consulting services in Spain and Latin America, Proxicom announced. The initial capital investment in the joint venture, dubbed Kristina Internet Business Solutions (Kristina), is some US$7.33mn, Proxicom spokesperson Kenneth Reed told BNA. Kristina will initially have offices in Spanish cities Madrid, Barcelona and Bilbao, but plans to establish offices Latin American major centers such as Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro and Santiago de Chile, Proxicom energy director for Europe, Paul Zupan, told BNA. The joint venture's first project involves Iberdrola's internal company online services in Europe and Latin America, he continued. Iberdrola operates in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, Peru and Uruguay. Kristina is currently negotiating with eight potential external clients, two of which are Latin American, two are multinational and four are Spanish, Zupan said. The Latin American companies are both marketing organizations and one of them is a government agency, he added. Proxicom (www.proxicom.com) tailors Ecommerce solutions for four industries: Energy & Telecommunications, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing and Service Industries.
- Mining: Semarnat releases mine pollution complaint stats
- Water & Waste: Court seeks to withdraw Brazil probe firm contracts
- Infrastructure: Brazil's Caixa prepares multi-billion dollar investment plan
- Infrastructure: Court seeks to withdraw Brazil probe firm contracts
- Electric Power: Argentine presidential hopeful provides glimpse of grandiose infra pla...
- Oil & Gas: Argentine presidential hopeful provides glimpse of grandiose infra platform
- Information Technology: Telefónica launches US$22mn IoT R&D center in Chile
- Telecommunications: Telefónica launches US$22mn IoT R&D center in Chile
- Mining: Santa Luisa suspends Peruvian unit for another year
- Infrastructure: Argentine presidential hopeful provides glimpse of grandiose infra pla...
- Insurance - Regional
- Insurance - Regional
- Telecommunications - Regional
- Info. Technology - Regional
- Mining - Regional
- Metals - Regional