Peruvian telecommunications operator Tele2000-BellSouth has chosen the InfoCell ConVerge point of sale solution to be integrated by US-based consultants Ernst & Young Infocell provider US-German software company LHS InfoCell said. An affiliate of BellSouth International, Tele 2000 provides cellular cable and paging services to approximately 300,000 subscribers throughout Peru. LHS InfoCell is a subsidiary of the LHS Group (NASDAQ: LHSG). Interfaces from ConVerge to Kenan's Arbor OM and from ConVerge to Certicom, a credit scoring engine, will allow for service payments, equipment sales, and service orders to be entered through ConVerge, LHS explained. The system streamlines and automates the telecommunications operator's sales and activation process, providing carriers with a single solution for selling to customers, while lowering inventory costs and increasing the company's operating profits, LHS said. It is also the first internationalized product for multiple services, supporting most single-byte languages and local currencies, the company added.
- Telecommunications: China's ZTE announces 204% profit rise in Q1
- Information Technology: Roundup: GeneXus, Rdio, IBM Brasil
- Telecommunications: LTE investments seen accounting for 10% of LatAm mobile capex
- Telecommunications: Trilogy first foreign company to acquire capacity on Bolivia satel...
- Telecommunications: Feedback "positive" on Firefox mobile OS, says Mozilla exec
- Information Technology: Intel LatAm revenue growth "slightly under" par in Q1
- Insurance: Chilean stock exchange demutualization would hit competition, says Itaú exe...
- Insurance: Bachelet names special delegates for quake and fire reconstruction
- Insurance: Chilean tax reform "revolution" could hurt companies - expert
- Banking: Chile's finance committee expresses concerns over tax reform