Peruvian telecommunications operator Tele2000-BellSouth has chosen the InfoCell ConVerge point of sale solution to be integrated by US-based consultants Ernst & Young Infocell provider US-German software company LHS InfoCell said. An affiliate of BellSouth International, Tele 2000 provides cellular cable and paging services to approximately 300,000 subscribers throughout Peru. LHS InfoCell is a subsidiary of the LHS Group (NASDAQ: LHSG). Interfaces from ConVerge to Kenan's Arbor OM and from ConVerge to Certicom, a credit scoring engine, will allow for service payments, equipment sales, and service orders to be entered through ConVerge, LHS explained. The system streamlines and automates the telecommunications operator's sales and activation process, providing carriers with a single solution for selling to customers, while lowering inventory costs and increasing the company's operating profits, LHS said. It is also the first internationalized product for multiple services, supporting most single-byte languages and local currencies, the company added.
- Water & Waste: World Bank to finance water supply, security improvement plan for Brazi...
- Mining: Anglo American copper output slides in Q4
- Electric Power: Mexico's CFE teams up with UNAM university
- Telecommunications: AT&T rules out buying América Móvil assets
- Electric Power: OHL to build 60MW combined cycle plant in Mexico
- Electric Power: Chile no longer LatAm's most attractive power market, survey says
- Telecommunications: Apple reports "stunning" Q1 growth in Brazil
- Petrochem: Next steps for YPFB after death of CEO
- Insurance: 'Consolidation' name of the game in Bermuda reinsurance market
- Oil & Gas: IN BRIEF: Ecopetrol to drill on Muérgana Sur and Chicanero
- El Salvador
- Insurance - Regional
- Banking - Regional