Peruvian telecommunications operator Tele2000-BellSouth has chosen the InfoCell ConVerge point of sale solution to be integrated by US-based consultants Ernst & Young Infocell provider US-German software company LHS InfoCell said. An affiliate of BellSouth International, Tele 2000 provides cellular cable and paging services to approximately 300,000 subscribers throughout Peru. LHS InfoCell is a subsidiary of the LHS Group (NASDAQ: LHSG). Interfaces from ConVerge to Kenan's Arbor OM and from ConVerge to Certicom, a credit scoring engine, will allow for service payments, equipment sales, and service orders to be entered through ConVerge, LHS explained. The system streamlines and automates the telecommunications operator's sales and activation process, providing carriers with a single solution for selling to customers, while lowering inventory costs and increasing the company's operating profits, LHS said. It is also the first internationalized product for multiple services, supporting most single-byte languages and local currencies, the company added.
- Mining: IN BRIEF: BHP Billiton shuffles executive pack
- Water & Waste: Sputtering Brazil readies infra action plan
- Insurance: Cooper Gay creates LatAm energy practice
- Electric Power: Odebrecht builds up Peru hydropower portfolio
- Infrastructure: Sputtering Brazil readies infra action plan
- Information Technology: Red Hat, Chilean government hold talks on open source initiati...
- Mining: Brazil's lower house considering replacing mining bill's sponsor
- Banking: Chile regulator revokes FIT's license
- Mining: Newmont studying copper potential at Peru's Yanacocha
- Mining: McEwen weighing up options for Argentina copper deposit