The Quechua copper exploration project involves the construction of drill rigs over a three-year period. Compañía Minera Quechua S.A. expects to produce 75,000 metric tons of fine copper. Quechua is expected to require an investment of US$490mn and produce 1.30Mt of copper in concentrate, or 76,000t/y, over its 17-year life. The project is slated to produce 62 jobs during the exploration period. Compañía Minera Quechua is a subsidiary of Japan's Pan Pacific Copper, established in 2008. Pan Pacific Copper is owned by JX Nippon Mining & Metal (66%) and Mitsui Mining & Smelting (34%).
| Full Name || Quechua |
| Project Type ||Copper, Open pit mining |
| Development Phase ||Initial exploration & discovery |
| Project Status ||Active |
| Project Capacity || 60,000  t/y (tons per year) Copper |
Open pit mining
| Investment ||US$ 490mn |
| Lifespan ||17 |
| Completion Date ||2015 |
| Location || |
Quechua is located in Espinar in Peru's Cuzco department. The elevation of the property range from about 4,000m to 4,600m above sea level.
* The map coordinates provided represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location, of the project in question.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
- Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
- Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
- Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
- Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
- Access to experienced research staff
- Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
This project profile is one of hundreds of projects being inputted, updated and researched daily, focusing on major milestones, associated companies and business contacts for active Mining. Including industry-specific information, insight and forecasts for Latin American business opportunities, Business News Americas also focuses on active companies and business and sales contacts , providing networking opportunities with leading executives Contact us today! Phone:+56 (2) 2941-0300