The project calls for work aimed at widening federal highway BR-116 and constructing its connecting Pelotas municipal bypass in the state of Rio Grande do Sul. Widening will take place along a 211km stretch between Pelotas and the city of Guaíba which is adjacent to state capital Porto Alegre. The area is of significant importance for passenger and cargo traffic given that Pelotas is located within 25km of Rio Grande Port. Work involves widening and improving the highway. The project was divided into nine work lots, contracts for which were awarded separately.
Extension federal route BR-116 (RS)
The project will be carried out along a stretch between Pelotas and the city of Guaíba, in Rio Grande do Sul state, Brazil.
* The map coordinates represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location of the project.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
Access to experienced research staff
Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
* Figures and dates are as per the latest publicly available information, as well as information gathered by BNamericas reporters and analysts and are subject to change.
* Changes to original budget estimates are shown as the total figure available and may include interest, working capital, inflation adjustments and other contingencies in addition to capital expenditure.
* Amounts and overall results are shown in US dollars unless otherwise stated.
* BNamericas does not guarantee the sequence, accuracy, adequacy, completeness or availability of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. There are no express or implied warranties. In no event shall BNamericas, its agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns be liable for any damages of any nature in connection with the BNamericas content.