The project calls for expanding the Manso river water supply system near state capital Belo Horizonte. Work includes the installation of approximately 15km of pipeline and the expansion of the capacity of water pumping stations and reservoirs. The updates will give the system a storage capacity of some 42Ml and increase the flow rate of its water treatment plant to 5,000l/s from 4,000l/s. The awardee will expand an existing distribution system that currently supplies 33% of the metropolitan region, improving capacity from 4m3/s to 5m3/s. The awardee must also invest in construction of an intake and reservoir on the river, as well as perform maintenance and clean up the area. The project is Copasa's first PPP.
Expansion of Río Manso Water Supply System
Wastewater treatment plant
5,000  l/s (Liters per Second) Wastewater treatment plant
The project is planned for the Manso river system, near Belo Horizonte in Brazil's Minas Gerais state.
* The map coordinates provided represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location, of the project in question.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
Access to experienced research staff
Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
* Figures and dates are as per the latest publicly available information, as well as information gathered by BNamericas reporters and analysts and are subject to change.
* Changes to original budget estimates are shown as the total figure available and may include interest, working capital, inflation adjustments and other contingencies in addition to capital expenditure.
* Amounts and overall results are shown in US dollars unless otherwise stated.
* BNamericas does not guarantee the sequence, accuracy, adequacy, completeness or availability of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. There are no express or implied warranties. In no event shall BNamericas, its agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns be liable for any damages of any nature in connection with the BNamericas content.