The 400MW Sinop Hydro project will use water from the Teles Pires river to generate enough electricity to meet the needs of some 1.5mn people.
| Full Name || Sinop Hydro Plant |
| Project Type ||Hydro |
| Development Phase ||Investment decision |
| Project Capacity || 400  MW (megawatt) Hydro |
| Investment ||US$ 1.8bn |
| Lifespan ||35 |
| Completion Date ||2017 |
| Location || |
The Sinop Hydro project is planned for the municipalities of Sinop, Cláudia, Ipiranga do Norte, Itaúba and Sorriso in Brazil's Mato Grosso state.
* The map coordinates provided above represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location, of the project in question.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
- Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
- Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
- Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
- Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
- Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
- Access to experienced research staff
This project profile is one of hundreds of projects being inputted, updated and researched daily, focusing on major milestones, associated companies and business contacts for active Electric Power. Including industry-specific information, insight and forecasts for Latin American business opportunities, Business News Americas also focuses on active companies and business and sales contacts , providing networking opportunities with leading executives Contact us today! Phone:+56 (2) 2941-0300