The La Guajira wind farm will use the wind potential along the Caribbean coastline, which averages a wind speed of 10m/s. The wind farm is one of several such initiatives being developed in Venezuela, including PDVSA's 100MW Paraguaná facility. The wind power push comes as the country looks to diversify its power matrix to reduce dependency on hydropower sources. Its government aims for 10% of grid capacity to be provided by wind power by 2025.
| Full Name || La Guajira Wind Farm |
| Development Phase ||Under Construction |
| Project Status ||Active |
| Investment ||US$ 300mn |
| Completion Date ||2015 |
| Location || |
The La Guajira wind farm is being built on the La Guajira peninsula in Venezuela's Zulia state.
* The map coordinates provided represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location, of the project in question.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
- Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
- Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
- Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
- Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
- Access to experienced research staff
- Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
This project profile is one of hundreds of projects being inputted, updated and researched daily, focusing on major milestones, associated companies and business contacts for active Electric Power. Including industry-specific information, insight and forecasts for Latin American business opportunities, Business News Americas also focuses on active companies and business and sales contacts , providing networking opportunities with leading executives Contact us today! Phone:+56 (2) 2941-0300