Jointly developed by Cemex and Fisterra Energy, the US$640mn Ventika project in Mexico's Nuevo León state calls for the construction and operation of two 126MW wind farms with total capacity of 252MW. Once completed, it will be the country's largest onshore wind farm. Works include the installation of 84 Acciona AW-3000 wind turbine generators, each with a hub height of 120m and a nominal output of 3MW per turbine. The project includes the construction of a 230kV substation with two 34.5kV/230kV main power transformers and 14Km of 2X230kV transmission lines that will feed Mexico's national grid. The construction phase is slated to be completed by mid-2016. It is expected to generate 1,000 direct jobs and over 2,000 positions in related industries.
| Full Name || Ventika wind farm |
| Project Type ||Wind Power |
| Development Phase ||Under Construction |
| Project Status ||Active |
| Project Capacity || 252  MW (megawatt) Wind Power |
| Investment ||US$ 640mn |
| Lifespan ||20 |
| Completion Date ||2016 |
| Location || |
The Ventika wind farm project is located in the Mexican state of Nuevo León, approximately 56km from the US border.
* The map coordinates provided represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location of the project.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
- Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
- Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
- Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
- Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
- Access to experienced research staff
- Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
This project profile is one of hundreds of projects being inputted, updated and researched daily, focusing on major milestones, associated companies and business contacts for active Electric Power. Including industry-specific information, insight and forecasts for Latin American business opportunities, Business News Americas also focuses on active companies and business and sales contacts , providing networking opportunities with leading executives Contact us today! Phone:+56 (2) 2941-0300