Lagunas is an energy project which is based around the utilization of potential solar energy, abundant in the Tarapacá region, to generate electricity from a clean and renewable source, contributing to the diversification of the Chilean energy matrix. The project seeks to satisfy part of the growing municipal, regional and national demand for energy. The construction and operation of a solar park composed of 40 blocks is planned, where a total of 153,920 photovoltaic panels will be installed, generating 38MW of nominal power and 45MW peak power. The generated electricity will be transmitted to the Norte Grande Power Grid via the implentation of a 66kV transmition line. It is estimated that the construction phase of the project will call for a work force of 80 people, whereas the operational stage will require 3 people for the project's upkeep.
Lagunas Photovoltaic Plant
45  MW (megawatt) Solar Power
The project is located in the Pozo Almonte municipality, Tarapacá region, Chile.
* The map coordinates provided above represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location, of the project in question.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
Access to experienced research staff
Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
* Figures and dates are as per the latest publicly available information, as well as information gathered by BNamericas reporters and analysts and are subject to change.
* Changes to original budget estimates are shown as the total figure available and may include interest, working capital, inflation adjustments and other contingencies in addition to capital expenditure.
* Amounts and overall results are shown in US dollars unless otherwise stated.
* BNamericas does not guarantee the sequence, accuracy, adequacy, completeness or availability of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. There are no express or implied warranties. In no event shall BNamericas, its agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns be liable for any damages of any nature in connection with the BNamericas content.