The project includes building a potable water system and a 1.5Mm3 reservoir. The reservoir will guarantee potable water to Bucaramanga, Giron and Floridablanca cities in Santander department for the next 25 years. The first phase of the project calls for building the reservoir and a 4km pipeline system. The second phase involves construction of a potable water treatment plant and a water distribution network. AMB is funding 75% of the initiative with an 118bn-peso loan from Bancolombia. Another 40bn pesos is being provided by the national government and the regional and municipal governments are each contributing 10bn pesos.
Tona River Regulation - Bucaramanga Reservoir
1,000  l/s (Liters per Second) Potable water
The reservoir is being built in Bucaramanga, in Colombia's Santander department.
* The map coordinates represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location of the project.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
Access to experienced research staff
Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
* Figures and dates are as per the latest publicly available information, as well as information gathered by BNamericas reporters and analysts and are subject to change.
* Changes to original budget estimates are shown as the total figure available and may include interest, working capital, inflation adjustments and other contingencies in addition to capital expenditure.
* Amounts and overall results are shown in US dollars unless otherwise stated.
* BNamericas does not guarantee the sequence, accuracy, adequacy, completeness or availability of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. There are no express or implied warranties. In no event shall BNamericas, its agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns be liable for any damages of any nature in connection with the BNamericas content.