The La Luna shale formation extends by the basins Llanos, Magdalena, Putumayo, Catatumbo and Cordillera Este. It could contain 70T-500Tf3 (1.98T-14.2Tm3). I In 2012 was drilled the first exploratory well, Morpho-1. In 2013 were drilled the wells Oso Pardo-1 and Mono Araña, where flow testing have been conducted. The development plan includes additional new drills to reduce risk of its shale oil position and perform a deeper prospective oil exploration. The formation is explored by CanacolEnergy, ConocoPhillips, Gran Tierra Energy, ExxonMobil, C&E Energy, Parex Resources and Vetra E&P.
| Full Name || La Luna Shale Reservoir |
| Project Type ||Exploration, Onshore, Upstream |
| Development Phase ||Exploration drilling |
| Project Status ||Active |
| Project Capacity || Exploration |
| Location || |
It is located in César and Santander department, Colombia.
* The map coordinates provided above represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location, of the project in question.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
- Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
- Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
- Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
- Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
- Access to experienced research staff
- Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
This project profile is one of hundreds of projects being inputted, updated and researched daily, focusing on major milestones, associated companies and business contacts for active Oil & Gas. Including industry-specific information, insight and forecasts for Latin American business opportunities, Business News Americas also focuses on active companies and business and sales contacts , providing networking opportunities with leading executives Contact us today! Phone:+56 (2) 2941-0300