This information is available only to subscribers.
Start a free trial, to unlock the full potential of a subscription to BNamericas.
Already a subscriber? Please, login.

Brigadier López Thermoelectric Plant

Project Stages

The development stages in the projects are displayed in the standard sequence for the industry. However, projects may be developed in a different sequence because of corporate decisions or events that push the owner to repeat stages. To access the full details of this project’s history please explore its milestones

Early Works
In Construction
Current Stage In operation
Project Details


The Brigadier López thermo plant, 1km from the town of Santo Tomé and 20km from the city of Santa Fe, Argentina, is a combined cycle dual-fuel (gas-diesel) plant. The plant has an installed capacity of 280MW and started commercial operations in August, 2012. Natural gas demand from the plant, and gas transportation issues, led the national government, through Enarsa, to call a tender for building the GNEA northeast gas pipeline, whose purpose will be to partially meet the demand of the plant. In 2014, a second turbine will be installed to increase the project's total installed capacity to 420MW. Once completed, the plant will use natural gas 67% of the time (equivalent to 4,108 hours/year) and during the remaining 33% it will use liquid fuels (equivalent to 2,024 hours / year).

Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
  • Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
  • Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
  • Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
  • Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
  • Access to experienced research staff
  • Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
Already a subscriber? Please, login

Milestones Log and News

Related Companies

Name Sector Country Relation
Locked content
Project Owners
Locked content
Locked content
Locked content
Dear visitor, this table includes insights that is only available for subscribers

  • * Figures and dates are as per the latest publicly available information, as well as information gathered by BNamericas reporters and analysts and are subject to change.

  • * Changes to original budget estimates are shown as the total figure available and may include interest, working capital, inflation adjustments and other contingencies in addition to capital expenditure.

  • * Amounts and overall results are shown in US dollars unless otherwise stated.

  • * BNamericas does not guarantee the sequence, accuracy, adequacy, completeness or availability of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. There are no express or implied warranties. In no event shall BNamericas, its agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns be liable for any damages of any nature in connection with BNamericas content.

Key Specs

Full Name
Brigadier López Thermoelectric Plant
Project Type
Combined cycle
Development Phase
In operation
Project Status
Project Capacity
280  MW (megawatt)  Combined cycle
US$ 160mn
Completion Date

The project is located within the Sauce Viejo industrial park, in Argentina's Santa Fe province, 20km southeast of the provincial capital.

* The map coordinates provided above represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location, of the project in question.



Locked content
Owner / operator
Locked content
Exploration and Production Manager
Dear visitor, this table includes insights that is only available for subscribers