The project involves the construction and operation of the Loa wind farm. The farm will have 264, 2MW turbines, output from which will supply the northern SING grid. The project, which is being developed by Spanish renewable energy group Ibereólica's subsidiary Aprovechamientos Energéticos, will be carried out in two phases. It is expected to employ 100 workers during the construction stage and 16 as permanent staff when in operation.
| Full Name || Loa Wind Farm |
| Project Type ||Power Generation, Wind |
| Development Phase ||Advanced design and engineering |
| Project Status ||Active |
| Project Capacity || Power Generation |
528  MW (megawatt) Wind
| Investment ||US$ 933mn |
| Lifespan ||25 |
| Location || |
The Loa wind farm is planned for Tocopilla and María Elena municipalities in northern Chile's Antofagasta region (II).
* The map coordinates represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location of the project.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
- Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
- Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
- Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
- Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
- Access to experienced research staff
- Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
This project profile is one of hundreds of projects being inputted, updated and researched daily, focusing on major milestones, associated companies and business contacts for active Electric Power. Including industry-specific information, insight and forecasts for Latin American business opportunities, Business News Americas also focuses on active companies and business and sales contacts , providing networking opportunities with leading executives Contact us today! Phone:+56 (2) 2941-0300