The project calls for the construction and operation of the 528MW Loa wind farm. Loa would boast 264, 2MW turbines, output from which would supply the northern SING grid. The project, which is being developed by Spanish renewable energy group Ibereólica subsidiary Aprovechamientos Energéticos, would be carried out in two phases. It is expected to employ 100 workers during the construction stage and 16 as permanent staff when in operation.
| Full Name || Loa Wind Farm |
| Project Type ||Wind Power |
| Development Phase ||EIA - Approved |
| Project Capacity || 528  MW (megawatt) Wind Power |
| Investment ||US$ 933mn |
| Lifespan ||25 |
| Location || |
The Loa wind farm is planned for Tocopilla and María Elena municipalities in northern Chile's region I.
* The map coordinates provided above represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location, of the project in question.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
- Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
- Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
- Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
- Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
- Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
- Access to experienced research staff
This project profile is one of hundreds of projects being inputted, updated and researched daily, focusing on major milestones, associated companies and business contacts for active Electric Power. Including industry-specific information, insight and forecasts for Latin American business opportunities, Business News Americas also focuses on active companies and business and sales contacts , providing networking opportunities with leading executives Contact us today! Phone:+56 (2) 2941-0300