Brazil
News

Fitch Puts BFC on Ratings Alert Positive

Bnamericas Published: Monday, March 22, 1999
Credit rating agency Fitch IBCA has placed its national short- and long-term ratings of Brazil's Banco FonteCindam (BFC) on positive alert after a March 12 announcement that Banque Nationale de Paris Brasil had reached an agreement to acquire 80% of BFC's share capital. Under terms of the Banque Nationale de Paris agreement, BFC's remaining 20% share capital will stay in the hands of existing shareholders, the most important of whom are Roberto Steinfeld and Fernando Carvalho. The bank's name will be changed to BNP FonteCindam. Brazil's Central Bank has approved the transaction, which is expected to be completed shortly. The new entity forecasts to continue BFC's core business of asset management, advisory services and proprietary trading, at least in the short-term, Fitch IBCA said in a statement.

To continue reading, subscribe to BNamericas to get all the information in this article and access to related news items and reports.

Subscribe to BNamericas and gain access to thousands of project profiles, key contacts and news.

Other projects

Get key information on thousands of projects in Latin America, from current stage, to capex, related companies, key contacts and more.

Other companies in: Banking (Brazil)

Get critical information about thousands of Banking companies in Latin America: their projects, contacts, shareholders, related news and more.

  • Company: JP Morgan Brasil
  • Brazilian bank Banco JP Morgan (Brazil), the local subsidiary of US multinational banking company JP Morgan Chase, offers investment bank, global corporate bank, asset managemen...
  • Company: Banco BTG Pactual S.A.  (BTG Pactual)
  • Brazilian bank Banco BTG Pactual S.A. is Latin America's largest investment bank. It provides a range of financial products and services related to commercial banking operations...
  • Company: Redecard S.A.  (Rede)
  • Rede, formerly Redecard, is a Brazilian company that provides credit and debit card products and services. Rede captures, transmits, processes and clears Master Card Maestro and...
  • Company: Banco Bradesco BBI S.A.  (Bradesco BBI)
  • Banco Bradesco BBI S.A. is an investment-banking firm that offers financial advisory services. The firm advises customers in the issue of shares, merger and acquisition operatio...