Brazil
News

Brazilian plastics demand up 8%

Bnamericas Published: Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Brazilian plastic demand in the first quarter of 2013 was 15bn reais (US$7bn), up 8% from the same period in 2012, plastics industry association Abiplast said. Local production supplied 85% of this demand, with imports meeting the remaining 15%. In the first quarter of the year, local production rose by 2.6%, with production of plastic packaging up 4.0%. Production of plastic film fell by 3.9% year-on-year. Of total plastics production in Brazil, 6% was exported, Abiplast said. In the first quarter of the year, the sector reported a trade deficit of US$598mn, 15% larger than in the same period in 2012. Exports fell by 8% to US$304mn while imports increased 7% to US$902mn.

To continue reading, subscribe to BNamericas to get all the information in this article and access to related news items and reports.

Subscribe to BNamericas and gain access to thousands of project profiles, key contacts and news.

Other projects

Get key information on thousands of projects in Latin America, from current stage, to capex, related companies, key contacts and more.

Other companies in: Petrochemicals (Brazil)

Get critical information about thousands of Petrochemicals companies in Latin America: their projects, contacts, shareholders, related news and more.

  • Company: Quantiq Distribuidora Ltda.  (QuantiQ)
  • São Paulo-based quantiQ, a subsidiary of Brazilian Braskem, focuses on the distribution of chemical and petrochemical products, as well as industrialization and provision of ser...
  • Company: MHI Compressor do Brasil Ltda.  (MCO-B)
  • MHI Compressor do Brasil Ltda. (MCO-B) is a joint venture between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Compressor Corp. (MCO) and Mitsubishi Corp. (MC), with 70% and 30% ownership stakes...
  • Company: Biosev S.A.  (Biosev)
  • Biosev operates eight agroindustrial units in the states of São Paulo, Mato Grosso do Sul and Minas Gerais as well as its own terminal in the port of Santos in São Paulo. The co...