Computec sells shares in Acredita BIC to Equifax South America

- Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Computec sells shares in Acredita BIC to Equifax South America

Colombian data services provider Computec has sold Ecuadorian firm Acredita BIC to Equifax South America, a subsidiary of US credit reference agency Equifax, according to online newspaper Portafolio.

Computec signed a contract selling 100% of its shares in Acredita BIC to the tune of US$7mn. The Colombian company directly owned 2% of its shares in Acredita BIC, while its subsidiary Computec España owned the remaining 98%.

In related news, Computec has set a 3bn-peso (US$1.57mn) value for the purchase of finance information company Byington Colombia. B2B Credit Processes is expected to sell Byington, but the deal has not yet been solidified.

Start your 15 day free trial now!

cta-arrow

Already a subscriber? Please, login

In September, Computec announced it was looking for a business partner that could help enhance the company's ambitions to expand abroad.

Computec provides analytical solution services, as well as document and IT outsourcing services. The company also provides credit risk assessment through its subsidiary Datacredito. Computec's client base includes companies such as DirecTV, Banco Santander, Banco de Occidente, Banco Guayaquil and Movistar.