The Manuel Piar hydro plant will supply power to industrial, commercial and residential end users. The project will inject 11,900GWh/y into Venezuela's interconnected system. Currently under construction, Tocoma's first unit is scheduled to begin commercial operations in 2012 - while the hydro plant should be completed by 2014.
| Full Name || Manuel Piar Hydro Plant |
| Project Type ||Hydro |
| Development Phase ||Under Construction |
| Project Status ||Active |
| Project Capacity || 2,160  MW (megawatt) Hydro |
| Investment ||US$ 7.7bn |
| Completion Date ||2018 |
| Location || |
The plant is being built 15km from the Simón Bolívar hydro plant, between Río Claro and Serranía de Terecay in Venezuela.
* The map coordinates provided represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location of the project.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
- Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
- Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
- Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
- Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
- Access to experienced research staff
- Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
This project profile is one of hundreds of projects being inputted, updated and researched daily, focusing on major milestones, associated companies and business contacts for active Electric Power. Including industry-specific information, insight and forecasts for Latin American business opportunities, Business News Americas also focuses on active companies and business and sales contacts , providing networking opportunities with leading executives Contact us today! Phone:+56 (2) 2941-0300