Brazilian power holding company EDP Energias do Brasil holds a full share (100%) of the 720MW Pecém I thermo plant project. The project was previously owned by Eneva, ex MPX, and EDP in a 50/50 split, before Eneva sold its interest to EDP. The facility will use two 360MW pulverized coal-fired units. The initiative, together with the Pecém II project, should generate some 8,000 direct and indirect jobs.
| Full Name || Pecém I Thermo Plant |
| Project Type ||Combined cycle |
| Development Phase ||In operation |
| Project Status ||Active |
| Project Capacity || 720  MW (megawatt) Combined cycle |
| Investment ||US$ 1.13bn |
| Completion Date ||2013 |
| Location || |
The plant is being built in the municipality of São Gonçalo do Amarante, 55km from Ceará state capital Fortaleza in northeastern Brazil.
* The map coordinates represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location of the project.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
- Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
- Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
- Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
- Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
- Access to experienced research staff
- Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
This project profile is one of hundreds of projects being inputted, updated and researched daily, focusing on major milestones, associated companies and business contacts for active Electric Power. Including industry-specific information, insight and forecasts for Latin American business opportunities, Business News Americas also focuses on active companies and business and sales contacts , providing networking opportunities with leading executives Contact us today! Phone:+56 (2) 2941-0300