Work will involve dredging the port's access channel, as well as widening and deepening the channel connecting Bahía Blanca's Puerto de Ingeniero White and Puerto Galván terminals. With financing from Latin American development bank, CAF, the ultimate aim is to increase the port's draft to 50 feet (15.2m) from the current 45 feet. The new draft is expected to allow vessels to sail unrestricted, while the widening of two waterways seeks to make better use of docks located at the farthest end of Puerto Galván. A consortium comprised of Dutch service company Boskalis and Belgian service company Jan de Nul, through Compañía Sudamericana de Dragado, is in charge of the works.
Bahía Blanca Port Dredging
Dredging work is planned for the Bahía Blanca port located in Argentina's Buenos Aires province.
* The map coordinates provided above represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location, of the project in question.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
Access to experienced research staff
Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
* Figures and dates are as per the latest publicly available information, as well as information gathered by BNamericas reporters and analysts and are subject to change.
* Changes to original budget estimates are shown as the total figure available and may include interest, working capital, inflation adjustments and other contingencies in addition to capital expenditure.
* Amounts and overall results are shown in US dollars unless otherwise stated.
* BNamericas does not guarantee the sequence, accuracy, adequacy, completeness or availability of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. There are no express or implied warranties. In no event shall BNamericas, its agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns be liable for any damages of any nature in connection with the BNamericas content.