The Minas Gerais-Bahía railroad is to be used for cargo transport, the 1,419km stretch will run between Minas Gerais state capital Belo Horizonte and Bahia state capital Salvador. It will pass through 52 municipalities, with 27 in Minas Gerais and 25 in Bahia. Construction entails building a 1.6m-wide railway with train yards every 300km, being built to handle train speeds of up to 80km. The initiative also involves 210 individual construction projects for work on bridges and viaducts which will span a total of 19.6km.
Minas Gerais-Bahía Railroad
Early design & engineering
The Minas Gerais-Bahía railroad will run between Minas Gerais state capital Belo Horizonte and Bahia state capital Salvador in Brazil.
* The map coordinates represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location of the project.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
Access to experienced research staff
Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
* Figures and dates are as per the latest publicly available information, as well as information gathered by BNamericas reporters and analysts and are subject to change.
* Changes to original budget estimates are shown as the total figure available and may include interest, working capital, inflation adjustments and other contingencies in addition to capital expenditure.
* Amounts and overall results are shown in US dollars unless otherwise stated.
* BNamericas does not guarantee the sequence, accuracy, adequacy, completeness or availability of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. There are no express or implied warranties. In no event shall BNamericas, its agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns be liable for any damages of any nature in connection with the BNamericas content.