The project calls for carrying out repair works on two railway corridors that were severely damaged during 2011. It entails repair work as well as the administration, upgrades, maintenance, security and traffic control in two corridors: the La Dorada, the Chiriguaná corridor and the Bogotá - Belencito corridor, totaling 875km of railways. In the case of the first project, the tender also includes works on the Puerto Berrío - Cabañas stretch, and the Puerto Capulco branch, totaling 558km. In the case of the second corridor, the tender includes works on the La Caro - Zipaquirá and Bogotá - Facatativá stretches, totaling 317km. The project has a referential budget of 153bn pesos (US$84.3mn), with 79.6bn pesos going towards the La Dorada - Chiriguaná corridor, and 73.6bn pesos to be allocated for the Bogotá - Belencito corridor.
Repair of La Dorada-Chiriguaná and Bogotá-Belencito railway corridors
Highway, Rail line
Highway  km (kilometers) Rail line
Repair works are planned for railway corridors La Dorada-Chiriguaná and Bogotá-Belencito in Colombia's Bogotá department.
* The map coordinates provided above represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location, of the project in question.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
Access to experienced research staff
Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
Last Review 2016-06-21 | Awaiting construction decision
* Figures and dates are as per the latest publicly available information, as well as information gathered by BNamericas reporters and analysts and are subject to change.
* Changes to original budget estimates are shown as the total figure available and may include interest, working capital, inflation adjustments and other contingencies in addition to capital expenditure.
* Amounts and overall results are shown in US dollars unless otherwise stated.
* BNamericas does not guarantee the sequence, accuracy, adequacy, completeness or availability of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. There are no express or implied warranties. In no event shall BNamericas, its agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns be liable for any damages of any nature in connection with the BNamericas content.