The Yasuní project involves developing the Ishpingo, Tambococha and Tiputini (ITT) heavy oil fields. It has estimated reserves of 846 million barrels of oil, equivalent to the 20% of the country's reserves. Development of fields Tiputini and Tambococha is expected to reach average of 200,000b/d from these areas, requiring US$2.8bn and US$5bn more if Ishpingo is developed alongside the other two fields. The development includes the construction of an oil pipeline. Due the lack of international support, Ecuador ended an agreement to avoid oil drilling in the project area. The agreement called for Ecuador to place an indefinite moratorium on drilling in the Yasuní national park.
| Full Name || Yasuní ITT |
| Development Phase ||Prefeasibility |
| Investment ||US$ 2.8bn |
| Location || |
The ITT fields are located in Aguarico canton, Ecuador.
* The map coordinates provided represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location, of the project in question.
Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
- Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
- Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
- Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
- Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
- Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
- Access to experienced research staff
This project profile is one of hundreds of projects being inputted, updated and researched daily, focusing on major milestones, associated companies and business contacts for active Oil & Gas. Including industry-specific information, insight and forecasts for Latin American business opportunities, Business News Americas also focuses on active companies and business and sales contacts , providing networking opportunities with leading executives Contact us today! Phone:+56 (2) 2941-0300