Chile
News

Enasa dumps Santa Marta landfill participation

Bnamericas Published: Monday, June 30, 2003
Chilean waste management company Enasa has pulled out of the Santa Marta landfill consortium which operates the Santa Marta landfill serving capital Santiago's southwest, local press reported. The company decided to withdraw from the consortium due to continued environmental problems, principally from the escape of leachates, at the landfill. Enasa, which was responsible for the landfill's operation, sold its 60% stake to companies Agua Santa, Constructora Trebol and Hidrosan, which appointed Rodolfo Bernstein CEO. Empreterra holds the other 40%. Authorities have already been contacted to coordinate the implementation of an administrative, operational and environmental plan, Diario Financiero quoted Bernstein as saying. Santa Marta and Coinca were awarded contracts in 2001 to manage the intermediate and final disposal of residential waste generated by the 3.2 million inhabitants of southern Santiago. Coinca is a subsidiary of France's Vivendi.

Subscribe to the most trusted business intelligence platform in Latin America. Let us show you our solutions for Suppliers, Contractors, Operators, Government, Legal, Financial and Insurance.

Subscribe to Latin America’s most trusted business intelligence platform.

Other projects in: Water & Waste (Chile)

Get critical information about thousands of Water & Waste projects in Latin America: what stages they're in, capex, related companies, contacts and more.

Other companies in: Water & Waste (Chile)

Get critical information about thousands of Water & Waste companies in Latin America: their projects, contacts, shareholders, related news and more.

  • Company: Edyce S.A.  (Edyce Metalúrgica)
  • The description contained in this profile was taken directly from an official source and has not been edited or modified by BNamericas researchers, but may have been automatical...
  • Company: Metso Outotec Chile S.A.  (Metso Outotec Chile)
  • Metso Chile S.A. is the Chilean subsidiary of multinational Finnish company Metso Oyj. It supplies services and solutions mainly to the mining, pulp & paper and recycling indust...
  • Company: ReliX Water S.A.  (ReliX Water)
  • The description contained in this profile was taken directly from an official source and has not been edited or modified by BNamericas researchers, but may have been automatical...
  • Company: Seyses Chile SpA  (Seyses Chile)
  • The description included in this profile was taken directly from an official source and has not been modified or edited by the BNamericas’ researchers. However, it may have been...
  • Company: KSB Chile S.A.
  • The Chilean subsidiary of KSB, manufacturer and distributor of industrial pumps and valves, was established in 1994. It has seven branches throughout the country (Iquique, Antof...
  • Company: Peña Spoerer y Cia. S.A.  (PESCO S.A.)
  • The description contained in this profile was taken directly from an official source and has not been edited or modified by BNamericas researchers, but may have been automatical...
  • Company: PRDW Consulting Port and Coastal Engineers
  • PRDW is an international consulting engineering group specialized exclusively in Port and Coastal Engineering, with experience for public and private sector projects. PRDW offer...