Brazil
News

Yahoo reaches breakeven, 2002 revs up 152%

Bnamericas Published: Thursday, January 16, 2003
Yahoo! Brazil, the local subsidiary of US web giant Yahoo!, said Thursday it reached the breakeven point in 2002, after three years of operations in Brazil. Yahoo! Brasil said its revenues increased 152% in 2002, compared with the previous year. The company, however, declined to provide details on figures. The subsidiary said 70% of its revenues in Brazil came from advertising, while the remaining 30% derived from different services offered by the company. "We grew as much in advertising as we did in services, particularly for small and medium-sized companies," said Yahoo! Brasil president Bruno Fiorentini. by Stella Fontes

To continue reading, subscribe to BNamericas to get all the information in this article and access to related news items and reports.

Subscribe to BNamericas and gain access to thousands of project profiles, key contacts and news.

Other projects

Get key information on thousands of projects in Latin America, from current stage, to capex, related companies, key contacts and more.

  • Project: Media Luna
  • Current stage: Blurred
  • Updated: 2 days ago

Other companies in: ICT (Brazil)

Get critical information about thousands of ICT companies in Latin America: their projects, contacts, shareholders, related news and more.

  • Company: Hispamar Satélites S.A.  (Hispamar Satélites)
  • Hispamar Satélites (Hispamar) is located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and is a subsidiary of Hispasat Group, a Spanish telecommunication satellite operator. Hispamar was founded in...
  • Company: Cargo X
  • Launched in 2016, CargoX is an "asset-free" cargo transport e-commerce services company that connects self-employed truck drivers in Brazil to shippers in need of logistics serv...
  • Company: Brasscom
  • Brasscom, Brazilian Association of Information Technology and Communication Companies, serves as an articulator between the public and private sectors at the federal, state and ...
  • Company: Algar Telecom S.A.  (Algar Telecom)
  • Algar Telecom S.A., the telecom division of Brazilian group Algar, offers voice, data and internet communications; IT services; landline and mobile telephony, broadband internet...