Interagua receives 3 bids for wastewater treatment consultancy

- Friday, February 4, 2011

Interagua receives 3 bids for wastewater treatment consultancy

Ecuadorian city Guayaquil's private water utility Interagua has received three offers to perform a consultancy for a US$120mn wastewater treatment project, the utility's contracts and purchases manager, Fausto Reyes, told BNamericas.

The three bidding consortiums are: Pöyry Environment-Caminosca; Fichtner-Acsam Consultores; and Hazen and Sawyer-Consulambiente.

Interagua has requested further documentation from the companies, which it will review before approving the technical bids. The company will open financial offers on February 14, Reyes said.

Start your 15 day free trial now!

cta-arrow

Already a subscriber? Please, login

The sanitation project involves building Ecuador's two largest wastewater treatment plants, which will have capacity to treat 3.5m3/s of wastewater.

The consultancy is expected to wrap up in 2012, after which Interagua will begin the process to tender the plants' construction.

Interagua is controlled by Proactiva Medio Ambiente, owned by local firm Hidalgo e Hidalgo and Colombia's Fanalca. Proactiva holds a 90% share in the utility, while the remaining 10% is owned by Ecuadorian group Equivia.