This information is available only to subscribers.
Start a free trial, to unlock the full potential of a subscription to BNamericas.
Already a subscriber? Please, login.

Canaguaro Block

Project Stages

The development stages in the projects are displayed in the standard sequence for the industry. However, projects may be developed in a different sequence because of corporate decisions or events that push the owner to repeat stages. To access the full details of this project’s history please explore its milestones


Early Works
In Construction
Operation
Current Stage In production - under development
Project Details

Description

The 97km2 Canaguaro block is located in the Llanos Orientales basin and is operated by Petrominerales (87.5%), a subsidiary of Pacific Rubiales, while Condor Exploration Inc. holds the remaining 12.5% working interest. The block has two important prospects, Canaguay and Tapiti. During 2014, and as part of its exploration drilling campaign, Pacific Rubiales drilled a total of 56 wells with a success rate of 77%. This exploration drilling campaign resulted in new discoveries in the Canaguaro block. Of the two wells drilled at Canaguaro, Canaguay-2ST2 and Tapiti-1X, both found oil potential. By November 2014, Canaguay-2ST2 had produced 166,000 barrels of 29.5º API crude and Tapiti-1X had yielded 22,000 barrels of 26.7º API crude. The block's production as of March 2015 reached 2,140b/d.

Only BNamericas Subscribers Can Access This Information.
Subscribe to BNamericas to gain better insight into project development and contract opportunities in Latin America.
  • Early-stage and under-development projects throughout the region
  • Project coverage focused on biggest investments in each country and sector
  • Project milestones highlighting planned and unplanned developments
  • Sales contacts within operators and contracted companies
  • Access to experienced research staff
  • Risk analysis of cost increases, scheduling conflicts and regulatory environment
Already a subscriber? Please, login

Milestones Log and News

Locked content

Dear visitor, this table includes insights that is only available for subscribers

Related Companies

Name Sector Country Relation
Locked content
Project Owners
Locked content
Project Owners
Locked content
Project Owners
Locked content
Regulator
Dear visitor, this table includes insights that is only available for subscribers

  • * Figures and dates are as per the latest publicly available information, as well as information gathered by BNamericas reporters and analysts and are subject to change.

  • * Changes to original budget estimates are shown as the total figure available and may include interest, working capital, inflation adjustments and other contingencies in addition to capital expenditure.

  • * Amounts and overall results are shown in US dollars unless otherwise stated.

  • * BNamericas does not guarantee the sequence, accuracy, adequacy, completeness or availability of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. There are no express or implied warranties. In no event shall BNamericas, its agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns be liable for any damages of any nature in connection with BNamericas content.


Key Specs

Full Name
Canaguaro Block
Project Type
Conventionals, Crude oil, Exploration, Onshore, Production
Development Phase
In production - under development
Project Status
Active
Project Capacity
 Conventionals
2,140  b/d (barrels per day)  Crude oil
 Exploration
 Onshore
 Production
Location

The block is located in Colombia's Casanare department.

* The map coordinates represent the approximate latitude and longitude, and not the exact location of the project.


Locked content
Owner / operator
Locked content
Purchasing Chief
Locked content
Head of Materials and Logistics
Dear visitor, this table includes insights that is only available for subscribers