Brazil
News

BW Offshore details plans to start producing in Brazil by 2022

Bnamericas Published: Wednesday, May 29, 2019
BW Offshore details plans to start producing in Brazil by 2022

Norway’s BW Offshore expects to start production in Brazil’s Maromba field, located in the offshore Campos basin, by the second half of 2022, the company said in an investor’s update.

Average production in the field is expected to reach 20,000b/d and preliminary capex is forecast at US$250mn. BW Offshore’s expects is to take the final investment decision on Maromba’s production by 2020.

The company will develop the area with one of its own FPSOs and is now studying possible relocation of the Berge Helene platform. During the first development phase, the idea is to work with two or three subsea wells with artificial lift.

Later, between 2025 and 2028, the second development phase of the asset could include a platform with dry wellheads or additional subsea wells and the drilling of three or four producing wells and two water injector wells.

In addition, the company sees further prospective upside potential from near-field exploration activities. Discovered in June 2003, the field is located in shallow waters south of the Campos basin with 106mn barrels of proven reserves, which account for 57% of the company’s worldwide reserves.

So far, BW has only worked in the Brazilian market by chartering platforms for other oil firms, but in March the company entered into an agreement to buy a 70% stake in the Maromba field from Petrobras and the other 30% from Chevron for a total of US$115mn. The deal is expected to be closed by 3Q19.

At the same time, BW is studying the possibility of selling a part of its stake in the field between 2020 and 2021. It has already entered into an agreement with local firm Magma Oil for the possible sale of a 5% stake upon the area’s first oil.

Subscribe to the most trusted business intelligence platform in Latin America. Let us show you our solutions for Suppliers, Contractors, Operators, Government, Legal, Financial and Insurance.

Subscribe to Latin America’s most trusted business intelligence platform.

Other projects in: Oil & Gas (Brazil)

Get critical information about thousands of Oil & Gas projects in Latin America: what stages they're in, capex, related companies, contacts and more.

Other companies in: Oil & Gas (Brazil)

Get critical information about thousands of Oil & Gas companies in Latin America: their projects, contacts, shareholders, related news and more.

  • Company: Vast Infraestrutura
  • We are a company dedicated to offering infrastructure and logistics solutions for the safe, clean, efficient and sustainable movement of liquids for the energy market.
  • Company: Agribrasil
  • The description contained in this profile was taken directly from an official source and has not been edited or modified by BNamericas researchers, but may have been automatical...
  • Company: Consórcio BM-S-11
  • The BM-S-11 Consortium is a partnership formed by Galp Energia Brasil, SA, Petróleo Brasileiro SA, and Shell Brasil Petroleo Ltda. for the execution of the Iracema Norte Field p...
  • Company: UTC Engenharia S.A.  (UTC Engenharia)
  • UTC Engenharia S.A. is the engineering and industrial services subsidiary of Brazilian group UTC Participações. The firm has been involved in the development of projects in area...