Press Release

More than 225 hectares were released for the construction and improvement of a railway project in Peru

Bnamericas Published: Tuesday, January 10, 2023
More than 225 hectares were released for the construction and improvement of a railway project in Peru

Statement Ministry of Transport and Communications

This is an automated translation of the press release issued in Spanish

January 10, 2023

The new Huancayo-Huancavelica railway is getting closer. The Ministry of Transport and Communications (MTC) has already acquired 98% of the land required for the execution of the large railway project. The remaining 2% is in process and corresponds to land belonging to peasant communities.

Through the MTC Land Availability Directorate, the sector released more than 225 hectares located in the Junín and Huancavelica regions. These spaces will serve to make the construction and improvement of the infrastructure a reality, such as a workshop patio, stations, bridges, tunnels, among others.

In total, the MTC has budgeted the sum of S/ 2,987,152 for the acquisition of the affected properties. This money is paid to the property owners after an appraisal process of both the land and existing buildings.

The acquisition is carried out through the modalities established in Legislative Decree No. 1192, which establishes the payment for land, buildings and other expenses, in addition to an incentive of 20% on the commercial value of the property in favor of those affected who agree to sign the acquisition agreements.

The release of these properties will allow the construction of an ecological, modern and safe means of transport, which will be at the service of all the residents of the area, as well as national and foreign tourists.

The execution of the project requires an estimated investment of S/ 947 million and will connect 128 kilometers of territory from Chilca, in Huancayo, to the city of Huancavelica.

In addition, it seeks to benefit 1.1 million passengers, as well as attend to the transfer of 90 thousand tons of merchandise per year. For this, it is planned to carry out the replacement of the railway platform in Cuenca, the Chinche Bridge and the maintenance of the railway line between Cuenca and Huancavelica.

Likewise, it is planned to change fifteen bridges, expand the size of 38 tunnels, modernize seven stations, build a workshop yard and implement other systems for the operation of the railway. Similarly, the project contemplates the purchase of five cars with traction, two locomotives, three passenger cars and five warehouses to guarantee a permanent and adequate service to users and provide security and reliability to the operation of the railway line.

Subscribe to the leading business intelligence platform in Latin America with different tools for Providers, Contractors, Operators, Government, Legal, Financial and Insurance industries.

Subscribe to Latin America’s most trusted business intelligence platform.

Other projects in: Infrastructure (Peru)

Get critical information about thousands of Infrastructure projects in Latin America: what stages they're in, capex, related companies, contacts and more.

Other companies in: Infrastructure (Peru)

Get critical information about thousands of Infrastructure companies in Latin America: their projects, contacts, shareholders, related news and more.

  • Company: Consorcio Salud Tacna
  • Consorcio Tacna Salud is formed by Assignia Infraestructuras; Riva, S.A.; Neso Constructora, Mantenimiento, Construcción y Proyectos; Aductrade; and Argola Arquitectos. In 2015 ...
  • Company: R&Q Ingeniería S.A. Sucursal del Perú
  • The description contained in this profile was taken directly from an official source and has not been edited or modified by BNamericas researchers, but may have been automatical...
  • Company: Consorcio Santa Rosa
  • Consorcio Santa Rosa is a company formed by Airtificial y Técnica y Proyectos SA Sucursal del Perú for the execution of the Vía Expresa Santa Rosa project, which is located in C...
  • Company: CUMBRA Ingeniería
  • CUMBRA Ingeniería, formerly known as GMI S.A., is a subsidiary of the Peruvian holding CUMBRA specialized in studies, engineering, supervision, management and commissioning of p...
  • Company: Consorcio Valle Sagrado
  • Consorcio Valle Sagrado is a company made up of Aecom Technical Services, Peru Branch, Ayesa Engineering and Architecture, SAU and CUMBRA Engineering for the execution of the Ch...
  • Company: Aidhos - De la Piedra
  • Aidhos - De la Piedra is a company formed by Augusto de la Piedra Arquitectos, and Aidhos Arquitec Sap Sucursal Del Perú for the execution of the New Peru's national police hosp...