• Colombia climbed 9 positions in the Energy Transition Index of the World Economic Forum 2020, going from position 34 to position 25, in the last year, among 115 countries. • After Uruguay (11), we are the second country in Latin America and the Caribbean that appears in this ranking, surpassing countries such as Chile and Costa Rica. • Access to Energy and Security , due to the increased electrification of the communities and the decrease in the use of firewood for cooking food, as well as the Regulation and Political Commitment for the regulation for renewable energy and energy efficiency, are two of the variables with the greatest advance. • In 2019, Colombia made a historic leap in the incorporation of non-conventional sources of renewable energy into its electricity matrix, going from less than 50 megawatts to more than 2,500 megawatts of installed capacity in solar and wind energy, which will represent about 12 % of the matrix as of year 2022. • In the course of the Government of President Iván Duque, more than 30 thousand homes have had access, for the first time, to the electric power service and the substitution of the use of firewood by gas has been achieved for more than 46 thousand families. More
A board will advise CELEC EP on the actions to prevent the collection works of the Central Coca Codo Sinclair More
- Canelillo power plant
- Belo Monte Hydro Plant
- Cardenillo hydro plant
- Santiago hydroelectric project
- Kurupung River hydroelectric project
- Los Lagos Hydroelectric Power Plant
- Moco-Moco hydro facility rehabilitation
- Los Maquis Hydroelectric Power Plant
- Alto Biavo hydro plant
- Salto Grande hydroelectric complex modernization and improvement (first stage)
- Nippon Koei LAC, Inc.
- Carso Infraestructura y Construcción, S.A.B. de C.V. (CICSA)
- Kalpataru Power Transmission Limited
- Caterpillar Energy Solutions, S.A.
- ILF Consulting Engineers Colombia S.A.S.
- Duro Felguera, S.A.
- Soletanche Bachy S.A.
- S&C Electric Company
- Autoridad de Fiscalización de Electricidad y Tecnología Nuclear
- Gestión Ambiental Consultores S.A.
Build your personalized dashboard
Unlock the full potential of BNamericas. Create your account today and start building your personal dashboard with news, projects, companies and reports about any topic in Latin America.
Join thousands of companies doing business in Latin America.
BNamericas’ Data and Insights can help you identify business opportunities in 10 industriesin Latin America. Let us show you how today.