Brazil
News

Brazil ICT tenders watch

Bnamericas Published: Friday, May 27, 2022
Brazil ICT tenders watch

Petrobras launched a call for a range of services related to project management, governance and the digital transformation processes of its transport and logistics subsidiary, Transpetro.

Brazil’s federal oil company intends to hire an ICT contract administrator, financial consultant, system analysts and IT project manager in a single tender.

The contract administrator, for example, will be responsible for the entire management of Transpetro's ICT suppliers.

The reference budget for the tender is 12.6mn reais (US$2.66mn) and the winner will be the one offering the biggest discount on that amount.

Details can be found at Petrobras’ procurement platform, Petronect, under reference number 7003839913.

Bids can be submitted through the platform until June 6.

***

State-run telecom services provider Telebras was hired by social security agency INSS to deploy a new national network interconnecting over 1,700 INSS units across Brazil.

Worth 179mn reais, the contract is valid for 30 months and renewable for an equal period, according to terms published in the federal gazette. Services will be provided through fiber links, and satellites in places where there is no viable wired internet.

Each INSS unit will have two connectivity links: one for dedicated internet and one for corporate broadband. Telebras will deploy an SD-WAN (Software-Defined Wide Area Network) managing the networks, using equipment provided by Fortinet.

The deadline for completion is 12 months.

***

Brazilian MVNOs Dry Company and Nuh! won a tender called by the federal government for the first phase of Internet Brasil, which aims to provide mobile connectivity for up to 700,000 public school students in the country.

Selection was carried out by the country’s national research and education network RNP, an entity linked to the science, tech and innovation ministry (MCTI) and responsible for the project’s management.

The companies will provide SIM cards and data plans for the students using 3G/4G technologies, with at least 5GB in monthly data allowance. Dry Company will be responsible for 70% of the accesses, while Nuh! will provide the remaining 30%.

***
Systems integrator Digisystem will provide IT services to the education ministry (MEC) and federal savings bank Caixa Econômica Federal.

For the ministry, Digisystem said it will provide technical services for the development and support of software applications, using agile methodologies through a team of 115 professionals.

As for Caixa, around 200 IT professionals will be responsible for implementing and operating the bank's Service Desk for 24 months. Financial details of the contracts were not disclosed.

Subscribe to the most trusted business intelligence platform in Latin America. Let us show you our solutions for Suppliers, Contractors, Operators, Government, Legal, Financial and Insurance.

Subscribe to Latin America’s most trusted business intelligence platform.

Other projects in: ICT (Brazil)

Get critical information about thousands of ICT projects in Latin America: what stages they're in, capex, related companies, contacts and more.

Other companies in: ICT (Brazil)

Get critical information about thousands of ICT companies in Latin America: their projects, contacts, shareholders, related news and more.

  • Company: Tim S.A.  (TIM Brasil)
  • TIM S.A. is a Brazilian telecommunication provider offering mobile and fixed telephony services, access to the Internet via modems, tablets, and mobile phones (3G and 4G), as we...
  • Company: Next Level Telecom Ltda.  (NLT Telecom)
  • The description included in this profile was taken directly from an official source and has not been modified or edited by BNamericas’ content team. However, it may have been au...
  • Company: eBazar.com.br Ltda.  (MercadoLivre)
  • MercadoLivre is the Brazilian subsidiary of Argentina-based regional C2C online auction site MercadoLibre and US auctions giant eBay, which has a minority stake. Ebay and the Ar...
  • Company: Nabiax Brasil
  • The description contained in this profile was taken directly from an official source and has not been edited or modified by BNamericas researchers, but may have been automatical...
  • Company: Elea Digital
  • The description contained in this profile is taken directly from an official source and has not been edited or modified by BNamericas researchers, but may have been machine tran...
  • Company: Honeywell do Brasil, Ltda.  (Honeywell Brasil)
  • Honeywell do Brasil, Ltda. is the local branch of US firm Honeywell International Inc. The Sao Paulo-based firm has 13 facilities in the country which include three manufacturin...
  • Company: Greatek Brasil
  • The description contained in this profile was taken directly from an official source and has not been edited or modified by BNamericas researchers, but may have been automatical...