Brazil's BRK Ambiental plans to invest over US$2bn

By
Monday, March 12, 2018

Brazilian water, wastewater and solid waste management company BRK Ambiental Participações plans to invest 7bn reais (US$2.15bn) in the next five years in operations and double its revenues.

The company, formerly known as Odebrecht Ambiental, was founded in 2008 as Foz do Brasil. Brookfield Business Partners acquired Odebrecht's 70% interest in the company in 2017 after the conglomerate became involved in the Lava Jato corruption scandal and sold a string of assets. The other 30% is held by the FI-FGTS fund.

Start your 15 day free trial now!

cta-arrow

Already a subscriber? Please, login

The amount to be invested in the next five years could be even greater, BRK president Teresa Vernaglia told financial newspaper Valor. The company's revenues in 2016 were 1.6bn reais.

BRK serves 15mn people and aims to increase that figure to 18mn.

According to official figures, in 2016 only 51.9% of sewage in Brazil was collected and 44.9% collected and treated.