Colombia
News

Advance payment included for US$800mn Medellín light rail tender

Bnamericas Published: Thursday, May 05, 2022
Advance payment included for US$800mn Medellín light rail tender

Metro de Medellín introduced modifications to the contract documents for the 3.5tn-peso (US$869mn) Avenida 80 light rail project in the Colombian city.

The metro operator said in a statement that as a result of market conditions, an advance is included in payments, which incorporates all legal guarantees to ensure that resources are properly invested.

The Avenue 80 project, considered the most important public transportation initiative of the last 25 years in the country’s second largest city, involves a 13.3km line with 17 stations and 20 electric trains.

The system will transport 175,000 passengers per day.

The State will finance 70% of the work while the other 30% will be covered by the city of Medellín.

The modifications to the process can be seen here.

Subscribe to the most trusted business intelligence platform in Latin America. Let us show you our solutions for Suppliers, Contractors, Operators, Government, Legal, Financial and Insurance.

Subscribe to Latin America’s most trusted business intelligence platform.

Other projects in: Infrastructure (Colombia)

Get critical information about thousands of Infrastructure projects in Latin America: what stages they're in, capex, related companies, contacts and more.

Other companies in: Infrastructure (Colombia)

Get critical information about thousands of Infrastructure companies in Latin America: their projects, contacts, shareholders, related news and more.